12.15.18 – Safety First: A.C.T. Course
Safety First: A.C.T. Course
This course will cover the fundamental information, tactics, and techniques every female should know to stay safe in the street, in the vehicle, and at home.
This course involves discussion, demonstration, technique practice, and realistic attack simulations. Participants should be prepared for a limited amount of physical exertion; however we will move at a pace that is appropriate for all participants in the course. Physical participation is not required but highly encouraged.
Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield”
Upon Completion: Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- The seven principles of the survivor mindset
- Techniques and exercises for developing awareness
- Is it better to fight back or comply with an attacker
- Prevention Strategies: grabs, holds, and getting up from the ground
- The truth and myth behind lethal and non-lethal weapons
- Common Sense Rules for Safety:
- Arriving at Work
- Leaving Work
- Home Safety
- A realistic rather than an idealistic view of predatory violence and how to deal with it.
- How you will react under stress